The holiday season is in full force. I always like to have homemade baked goods on hand to bring as hostess gifts or to share at holiday parties. I made this delicious breakfast bread this week to feed our house guests. It was a huge hit and the house smelled amazing while it was baking. It makes two regular sized loaves, but you could also make mini loaves to use as gifts. Stick them in the freezer until you need them. I promise you, or your friends/family, will not be disappointed.
Pumpkin Cranberry Bread (from Libby's)
- 3 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can pumpkin (15 ounces)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour two loaf pans.
3. In a large bowl combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and orange juice. Beat until blended.
5. Add pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir until moistened.
6. Fold in cranberries.
7. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool completely before freezing.
10. To freeze, wrap tightly in saran wrap and then aluminum foil.
11. Thaw at room temperature overnight.