Beef Fajitas (from justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com)
-1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
-1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
-1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
-1 onion, cut into strips
-1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
-3/4 cup beef broth
-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
-1 tablespoon lime juice
-2 teaspoon ground cumin
-2 teaspoon chili powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Place peppers and onions in slow cooker.
2. Add beef strips.
3. Add beef broth, vinegar, lime juice and seasonings. Stir to coat.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Serve on flour tortillas with salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream and guacamole.
Would be great with a side dish of black beans and rice.
Tuesday, December 6
Beef Stroganoff (from allrecipes.com)
-1 pound cubed beef stew meat
-2 can condensed golden mushroom soup (10.75 ounces)
-1 cup chopped onion
-1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
-1/2 cup beef broth
-4 ounces sour cream
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 teaspoon minced garlic
-1 package egg noodles
1. In slow cooker, combine meat, soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, minced garlic and salt and pepper.
2. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
3. Add sour cream just before serving.
Serve over egg noodles.
Wednesday, December 7
White Chicken Chili (adapted from allrecipes.com)
-1 onion, chopped
-1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
-2 cans chopped green chile peppers (4 ounce)
-4 teaspoons ground cumin
-1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
-1 can chicken broth (14.5 ounce)
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-3 cans white beans (15 ounce), rinsed and drained
-1 can black beans (15 ounce), rinsed and drained
-1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1. In slow cooker, mix together onion, garlic, green chile peppers, cumin, cayenne pepper, chicken broth, white beans, black beans and corn. If you like your chili a little thicker, puree one of the cans of white beans first.
2. Add chicken breasts
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
4. Before serving, shred the chicken and stir.
Serve with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and tortilla strips.
Saturday, December 10
Slow Cooker Pepper Steak (from allrecipes.com)
-2 pound beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
-garlic powder to taste
-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
-1/4 cups beef broth
-1/2 cup chopped onion
-1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
-1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
-1 can stewed tomatoes, with liquid (14.5 ounces)
-3 tablespoons soy sauce
-1 teaspoon white sugar
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Sprinkle sirloin with garlic powder.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips.
3. Transfer to slow cooker.
4. Pour beef broth into slow cooker.
5. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar and salt.
6. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
7. Towards the end, add cornstarch to thicken up the sauce.
Serve with rice.