I have never been a big fan of ribs. To be quite honest, I hate eating meat off the bone. It grosses me out. But, my husband loves ribs and I also realize that we have to eat more than just chicken. So, when I found this recipe I had to try it. One word...AMAZING! The meat literally fell off the bone it was so tender. Try it, you won't be disappointed.
Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs (from allrecipes.com)
-4 lbs baby back ribs
-salt and pepper to taste
-2 cups ketchup (or BBQ sauce)
-1 cup chili sauce
-1/2 cup packed brown sugar
-4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
-2 teaspoons dried oregano
-2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place ribs on a cookie sheet.
3. Brown in oven for 15 minutes. Flip and brown another 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, oregano, Worcestershire sauce.
5. Place ribs in slow cooker.
6. Pour sauce over ribs and turn to coat.
7. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Serve with rice pilaf and corn.