My bestest friend, Kristen Anders, bought me an AMAZING cookbook for Christmas - "American's Test Kitchen Slow Cooker Revolution." I am serious when I say everything in it looks delicious. I had a pork roast in my chest freezer from a stock up sale a few weeks back, plus some cranberries leftover from Christmas, so the recipe below was made without having to go to the grocery store. Score! Plus it was DELICIOUS! Full disclosure, I tweaked it a bit in order to make less mess in the kitchen...but it was still delicious.
Pork Loin with Cranberries and Orange (from America's Test Kitchen Slow Cooker Revolution)
-1 boneless pork roast, trimmed (4 1/2 to 5-pound)
-1 can whole berry cranberry sauce (14-ounce)
-1/2 cup dried cranberries
-1/2 cup orange juice
-1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Add cranberry sauce, dried cranberries, orange juice and ground cinnamon to slow cooker and stir.
2. Nestle the pork roast into slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
4. Transfer pork to cutting board and let rest.
5. Meanwhile, transfer braising liquid (after removing any fat from surface) to saucepan and simmer for about 12 minutes.
6. Slice pork and spoon 1 cup of cranberry sauce over meat.
7. Serve with remaining sauce.
I served our Pork Lin with Cranberries and Orange with brown rice, corn and green beans.