It's been awhile since I posted, mid-February through March is always a crazy time for me. Hopefully things have settled down and I can get back to putting dinner on the table every night. Last night we had this stew. I liked it because it was hearty and filling, but not too heavy. Though the title says it is spicy, I don't think it is too spicy. I actually think next time I would dice the onions and double the cumin and chili powder. I hope you enjoy!
"Spicy" Chicken Stew (from sixsistersstuff.com)
--2 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed into chunks
--1 package frozen sweet corn
--2 stalks celery, chopped
--2 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
--1 onion, thickly sliced
--2 cloves of garlic, minced
--1 jar salsa
--2 teaspoons kosher salt
--1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
--1 teaspoon chile powder
--1/2 teaspoon black pepper
--4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
--2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1. Place potatoes, corn, celery, carrots, onion and garlic in slow cooker.
2. Stir in salsa, salt, cumin, chile powder and black pepper.
3. Place chicken evenly on top of vegetables.
4. Pour chicken broth over chicken.
5. Cover slow cooker and cook for 8-10 hours on low.
6. Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks.
7. Return chicken to slow cooker and serve warm.
I suggest serving this with shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh chopped cilantro. I also would suggest using some kind of "scoop" chip to add a little crunch.