Slow Cooker Chile Verde Pork Roast (from www.letsdishrecipes.com)
--2.5 lb pork roast
--16 oz bottle salsa verde (green salsa)
--3 tablespoons lime juice
1. Place pork roast in slow cooker.
2. Pour salsa verde and lime juice over roast.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
4. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
5. Return to slow cooker and stir.
-The original recipe suggested combining a chopped onion with one cup fresh chopped cilantro. Then at the end, stir in one half of the onion cilantro mixture to the slow cooker and using the rest as a topping with chopped tomatoes.
-I served with chopped tomatoes, avocado, shredded monterey jack cheese and sour cream.
-I always serve a variety of tortillas and hard taco shells.
-I also served black beans with quinoa and corn bread.