In 2013 I am in search of a lot of things. My house wines, you know your go to wines that you always have in the house and you give out as hostess gifts. You can follow my quest on Instagram and/or Facebook, or try the ones I like in the Wine and Bubbly tab above. I'm also in search of our perfect family stationary, the kind that I can stock up on when its on sale and use for years to come. As a young woman I work with said, I'm working on my brand. So, it is only fitting that I'm also in search of my signature baked good. The recipe that is my "go to" recipe whenever I need to bring a dessert to a party, a cookie exchange, etc. So, my goal? 52 baked goods in 52 weeks. Here is the first recipe - they are good, but definitely not my "signature" baked good. I actually think these will be good for future birthday parties, what if you did a HUGE rice krispy treat bar?
Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats
Adapted from GimmeSomeOven.com
--3 Tbsp. butter
-- 10 oz. bag of mini-marshmallows
-- 1/2 cup dry yellow cake mix
-- 5 cups rice cereal
-- 1.75 oz container of sprinkles
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.
2. Stir the marshmallows until they being to melt, and slowly add the dry cake mix one spoonful at a time until combined.
3. Stir in cereal until it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
4. Sprinkle half of the sprinkles into the mix and combine.
5. Press into a lightly greased baking dish or cake pan and to with remaining sprinkles.