As you all know, I am on a search for my perfect baked good. These were so good, try them, you won't be disappointed. Next time, I think I'll actually make chocolate chip cookie dough and add the Reese's Mini cups and pretzels to it, and then mix together peanut butter chips and chocolate chips to make the topping.
Chubby Hubby Bars
adapted from cookieandcups.com
--2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
--1 teaspoon baking soda
--1 teaspoon sea salt
--2 sticks butter, room temp
--3/4 cup brown sugar
--3/4 cup white sugar
--1 tsp vanilla
--1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pretzels
--1 (8 oz) bag of Reese's Mini cups
--1 (14 oz) bag of caramels, unwrapped
--2 tbsp water
--2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Spray a 9x13 pan lightly with cooking spray
3. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
4. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl unti creamy.
5. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
7. Slowly add in Reese's and pretzels, mixing until evenly distributed. (Next time I'll add 2 cups chocolate chips)
8. Spread into prepared pan.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Let cool completely.
11. When cooled, melt your caramels and 2 tbsp water in a microwave safe bowl stirring every minute until melted.
12. Pour melted caramel over bars.
13. Chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
14. Melt your chocolate chips in microwave and spread over caramel. (Next time I'll do 1 cup peanut butter chips and 1 cups chocolate chips)
15. Chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
16. Cut in squares when ready to serve.