I'm not one for casseroles or for creamy chicken dishes. In fact, I try to avoid both like the plague. I have terrible memories of a brocolli, cheese and chicken casserole that my Mom used to make. Everyone else in my family LOVED it, but it made me want to hurl. But I digress...
So, when I saw this casserole dish on Pinterest, I was wary. But it seemed to get amazing reviews. So I caved, and we tried it. To say it is awesome is an understatement. It is so good. Try it, you won't be dissappointed. Just add a vegetable and maybe some rolls, and you have a satisying Sunday dinner.
From the blog Darling Doodles (darlingdoodles.blogspot.com)
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups Minute Rice
1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 can of Cream of Celery soup
1 can of water
1. Butter a casserole dish.
2. Mix together the Cream of Chicken soup, the Cream of Celery soup, water, and white rice (uncooked).
3. Pour mixture into the casserole dish.
4. Lay chicken breasts on top.
5. Sprinkle the onion soup mix on tip.
6. Cover with aluminum foil.
7. Cook at 250-275 degrees for three hours or at 350-375 degrees for one to one and a half hours.