It's Friday night, and I should be having a date with my laundry pile, but...these cookies are SO good that I just had to post them. These could be my signature baked good, they are that good. And that is coming for a girl who really doesn't like cookies! Make these, they are awesome.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt
--1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
--3/4 tsp baking soda
--3/4 tsp baking powder
--1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
--1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
--1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
--3/4 cup brown sugar
--1/4 cup granulated sugar
--1/2 tbsp honey
--1 egg yolk
--1 tsp vanilla extract
--1 tbsp sour cream
--1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and peanut butter together with an electric mixer.
3. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until smooth.
4. Beat in the eggs, honey, vanilla and sour cream until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low-speed until combined.
6. Gently stir in the chocolate chips
7. Chill dough in the freezer for 20 mins.
8. Roll the dough into 24 one inch balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 9-12 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn a golden brown and crisp up around the edges.
10. Remove from the oven and let cool on cookie sheets for 3-5 minutes.
11. Sprinkle cookies generously with sea salt.